[mythtv-users] Boot weirdness on Mythbuntu 9.10 [80% SOLVED]

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Nov 11 06:57:55 UTC 2009

Roy,

Thank you for responding.

> Good to hear you're mostly there.  Did you try modifying the
> custom.conf file in /etc/gdm? (it's on the same page as the one you
> posted to) I was under the impression that this was a valid
> workaround.

I didn't try it at first because on the page it recommended that manual
editing was potentially dangerous.

However, after reading your second response, I figured I'd give it a go.

Now it works. It logs in automatically.

However, now another issue has come up in the process of solving the
previous problems.

Now, instead of the Update Manager showing up every time I boot up, the
window for "Session and Startup" keeps showing up.

I've tried to find it in any lists of automatically started programs,
but, much like how the Update Manager used to be, it seems that I can't
set anything in the gui that makes it go away.

How do I get control of my boot up process and session so that only
MythTV starts up, and not anything else, like this "Session and Startup"
dialogue box?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G