[mythtv-users] 0.22 Video list browser

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Wed Nov 11 00:51:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Johnny wrote:

> The MythCenter theme is really just using the default theme. So you
> are basically getting the MythCenter background image and main menu
> but everything else is dropping back to the default theme. You may

Robertm (I assume Robert McNamara ?) commented on my ticket, and I
understand the issues a bit better now. See his comments here:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7533

It makes me curious, however,  why MythCenter is an official theme, since it
doesn't theme the menus. Since I just copied (and freely admit it)
MythCenter, changing the icons, any critizims of my Retro-wide should hold
for MythCenter too ?

I'm not say "So take mine", just trying to undersand the situation. You've
inspired me to see what elss I can do. I've just printed the theme docs.

Any other Retro fans want to help  ? (Anyone know who did the original
icons ? It would be nice to be able to make some additional ones in that
style).

I'm going to leave my version available from my web site for now, so anyone
with WAF issues can continue to use something that at least look like what
they are used to. I think it will be easier to ease the family into new
features this way.

http://www.westnet.com/~chris/Mythtv/Retro-wide.tar.gz