[mythtv-users] ION "LE" suitable for VDPAU ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:31:43 UTC 2009

2009/11/10 Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>:
> Looking at ION platforms, I see an Acer AR1600-U910H for $199, which says it
> has an "ION-LE" graphics system.
>
> Will the "LE" work for VDPAU? A similar system with "ION" (no "LE") graphics
> goes for $130 more, which makes me suspicious.
>
> Often "LE" means "limited edition", or "doesn't do as much".
>
> Anyone have experience with the "ION LE" ?

No first-hand experience, but the nVidia ION pages state the ION LE
does have Full HD 1080i/p decode support:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/picoatom_specifications.html

No information as to what level of PureVideo support it provides though.

The key difference between the ION and ION LE graphics is the lack of
DX10-support in the latter, and its unsuitability for Windows Vista/7.
I'll leave it to someone with more experience to provide conclusive
answers.

Cheers,
Nick

--