[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode & database updates

mythtv at notleyc.fastmail.fm mythtv at notleyc.fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 10 14:46:28 UTC 2009

I've had a scan through the archives and haven't found a definitive
answer to this - apologies in advance if I've missed an answer...

I'm running the release candidate of MythTV 0.22 on Ubuntu Karmic Koala
and want to script a job that runs each night and automatically strips
out commercials.  I've built a Perl script that looks in the mythconverg
database and builds a list of all recorded files that have a cutlist and
have not yet been transcoded.  This part works exactly as intended and
for those files that match, I'm constructing the following command:

/usr/bin/mythtranscode --mpeg --honorcutlist --chanid
{PULLED-FROM-MYSQL} --starttime {PULLED-FROM-MYSQL}

At present I'm manually running the commands and they appear to be
completing successfully; however I'd assumed/hoped that the
mythtranscode command would update the 'recorded' table to reference the
new file.  It seems that it's just creating a new file with '.tmp'
appended to the filename and then leaving the existing file in place.

I guess I can achieve this myself by getting my script to remove the
original file and rename the newly created .tmp file; however I wanted
to make sure I wasn't missing something before I proceed...

Cheers in advance for any help,
Chris
--
  Chris Notley