[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Nov 10 09:56:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Richard Morton wrote:

> I know the dual core isn't fanless (single core is as standard I
> understand) at least on the zotac boards; but I am looking for a
> completely silent solution to replace my SP13000 at some point...

The boards I've looked at are the Asus and Point-Of-View Atom 330 ones -
the Asus one has a 6000rpm fan (that's going to be noisy... and Tom's
Hardware agrees); the POV board has an "optional" fan, which basically
equates to: you may or may not need it, depending on the case you buy.

My other option is something like an Acer Revo.