[mythtv-users] disk full, can't delete files

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 04:27:18 UTC 2009

I'm a noob running mythbuntu beta more or less up to date.
I've found that when the disk is full, mythfrontend crashes
and so I can't delete files with it.  Since I didn't know
better, the first time this happened to me, I just deleted
some of the program files from the command line.
I've since learned that that is a bad idea (although
myth really should be able to handle that IMHO,
but I digress).  It seems I have a chicken/egg problem
here... mythfrontend isn't happy because the disk is
full and I can't make the disk less full without
running mythfrontend to delete files.  What's the right
way to work around this problem?

Thanks in advance,

           David