[mythtv-users] Trouble with two HD-PVRs on one system

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Nov 10 00:04:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 12:18:29AM -0700, John P Poet wrote:
> [discussion of using USB hub with 2 HD-PVRs]
>
> Sorry it took me so long.  The good news is that it seems to work
> fine.  I don't know if you could put more than two on a hub, but up to
> two works.

Thanks for following up on this.  I picked up a hub today to try for
myself.

For a first test, I simply inserted the hub into the equation at the
back of the computer -- two USB cables (one for each HD-PVR) run from
the A/V stand to the hub and another runs from the hub to the computer
back panel.  While this was less flaky than running the HD-PVR cables
straight into the computer back panel, it would still flake out soon
enough.

I'm going to try other cabling combinations tomorrow to see if I can
figure out what's going on.  At this point, I think the leasting cause
is that my system is just cursed! :)

David
--
David Engel