[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Died

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:02:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Paul <pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have had my HDHR since its initial release approx.  (2007ish)  over the
>> weekend all the suddon it quit working.  Only power light turns on.
>> SiliconDust says its a hardware issue and I need to replace.  I was thinking
>> about cracking it open and seeing if i could see what was wrong.  Anyone
>> tried this?  Success?
>>
>> --
>> Mitchell
>>

> Interesting, the same thing happened to mine last week, I started
> using it in january 2007. I just decided to do the $75 repair/replace
> offer they have. Kind of a pain though being with out 2 of my 3 tuners
> for a few weeks.

Same here.  Looks like those units have established their life-expectancy.

They said to allow up to four days after they receiver the defective
unit, before they send the replacement -- and they took all of it.
The person manning their IRC channel was very responsive, but forget
about getting their RMA people to answer questions.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?