[mythtv-users] Serving subtitles over UPNP/DLNA

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Mon Nov 9 20:13:53 UTC 2009

Hello.

When streaming live TV from Myth 0.22 to a compatible UPNP/DLNA device
from the MythTV backend video looks great. However, the EIA-608/EIA-708
closed captions which are available in the stream are not available on
the UPNP/DLNA client. The closed captions are available when playing the
content on a Myth FE. My UPNP client in this case is a PS3 but I can
test with other clients if someone has a suggestion.

Does Myth pass the video stream unaltered to the UPNP/DLNA client or is
there some on the fly transcoding (or other video stream manipulation)
taking place that would result in the EIA-608 data being stripped from
the stream before it hits the client?

-- Scott