[mythtv-users] Successful upgrades

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:52:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So I am looking for a few reports of successful upgrades with
> > mythbuntu; a list of known issues and an indication of the time I
> > should allow for the upgrade (duration of expected outage).
>
> My upgrade went very smooth and very quick from 9.04 to 9.10. There
> was one thing that I thought was an issue, but was a false alarm. The
> mythtv-database package in mythbuntu always reports that it failed to
> install because of a password/authentication problem. This was the
> case in 9.04 and .21 as well, but I forgot about it. I spent a lot of
> time trying unsuccessfully to resolve this because I thought it meant
> the database hadn't updated properly for .22. However, it was a non
> issue. The database doesn't actually get updated until you first run
> mythtv. When I fired up myth it prompted for a database upgrade and
> mine went smoothly after that.

Mine took about an hour last night.  The only issues I incurred were that my
default user no longer logged in autmoatically and the volume for spidf out
had been muted by default.  To fix the autologin, I followed the directions
in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1308845, for the
spidf, I  simply un-muted it using alsamixer.  As I was running the latest
version of 0.22 off of the mythbuntu ppa, I didn't have any database
problems.