[mythtv-users] multiple HVR-950Q usb tuners

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 15:05:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
> A friend of mine has two of the HVR-950Q tuners and cannot get both of them
> to work at the same time.  I suspect this may be a driver problem and not a
> mythtv problem because even azap will not tune on the second adapter.
>
> The main symptom is the first tuner works fine, but the second tuner does
> not appear to work at all (azap, scan, mythbackend).
>
> We've tried the "options xc5000 no_poweroff=1" suggestion and it does not
> appear to help this issue.
>
> uname -a = Linux myth 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26
> UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
<snip>

Hi Bob,

If it doesn't even work with azap, then the linux-media mailing list
might be a better place to ask these sorts of questions, since it
demonstrates that it isn't a MythTV issue.

That said, I haven't tried two 950q devices at the same time, although
I cannot think of a reason why it wouldn't work.  What is the behavior
for the second adapter when running azap?  Does it show an error?
Does the tuning request go through but you never see a lock?  Does it
lock but you don't get an MPEG stream?

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller