[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Nov 8 17:18:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Andrew Herron wrote:

> I think we can all applaud Intel for its openness and driver support in
> Linux...however their drivers still do not extract all of the performance
> possible from their GPU's.

Absolutely, I'm fully aware that I'll be getting more performance from the
nVidia kit than from Intel.  But ATM I am facing a tossup between an Atom
+ nVidia GPU or Core2 + Intel GPU - the former requires proprietary
drivers which have a completely opaque development and bug reporting
process, the latter requires more power and cooling.  I'm not sure which
to go for ATM, so I'll need to look at the hardware closer.

--

  - Steve