[mythtv-users] New frontend... Atom?

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Nov 8 12:16:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Greg Cope wrote:

> I think Acer might be recycling names as unless I misread the
> packaging mine is labeled as a R3600 and has a 330;

According to the Acer website, the R3600 has the 230 and the R3610 has the
330:

http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/productv.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&kcond61e.c2att101=61300&sp=page16e&ctx2.c2att1=17&link=ln438e&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1g.c2att92=242&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=1141311666
http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/productv.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&kcond61e.c2att101=68913&sp=page16e&ctx2.c2att1=17&link=ln438e&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1g.c2att92=242&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2669969291

However, some googling shows people selling the R3600 whilst claiming it
has a 330 in it, so there is definately some confusion.  But I think Acer
have a bit of a history of being a bit confusing with their product
numbers - e.g. my laptop is labelled "6410", but it is actually a 6413 -
in that case they seem to use the "6410" label on various different
laptops in the same line, even though they actually have different model
numbers, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are doing the same thing with
the Revo.

The R3610 seems to have a few extra goodies like built in card reader,
optical S/PDIF, mini-PCI express, and a DVD drive.  And some of the part
numbers being used on retailers' websites don't match anything on the Acer
website... confusing.

--

  - Steve