[mythtv-users] MythTV v0.22 is officially out

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 7 07:50:57 UTC 2009

On 11/07/2009 02:07 AM, Mark Boyum wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> Before 10-20 people notice the website or -commits list and decide to
>> post here, I thought I'd make an official announcement.
>> MythTV 0.22 was officially released an hour or so ago.  Tarballs are
>> available at http://www.mythtv.org
>> Tell your friends, tell your mothers, tell your mother's friends....
> That's great news!  I just started to build an Ubuntu 9.10 partition on my
> Myth machine a couple of hours ago to prepare for .22.  I'm hoping for a
> smooth upgrade, but I keep two OS partitions just in-case I need to flip
> back to my previous install.

And most importantly, make a backup of your 0.21-fixes database

-O mythconverg_backup.pl
chmod 755 mythconverg_backup.pl
echo "DBBackupDirectory=/home/mythtv" > ~/.mythtv/backuprc

(edit DBBackupDirectory location as desired) and make sure you keep that
backup somewhere that your distro's backup script won't delete it.