[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:15:38 UTC 2009

> I noticed that if I go into a settings menu, the usage drops back to where
>> I have seen it before.  I have been using the 9.10 mythbuntu as far back as
>> alpha 5, and I seem to remember this problem starting around the timeframe
>> of the release candidate of myth.
> Also, using OpenGL makes no difference than Qt for CPU usage. Its sitting
> at 14% while the CPU runs at 1.8Ghz.  There is obviously something wrong, I
> just don't know if it with my machine, setup, or myth code itself.

I'm still hoping for some help. Or confirmation that someone else is seeing
the same behavior with the 0.22-fixes branch.

I noticed that after a fresh reboot, mythfrontend only consumes 0.5-1.0% CPU
just sitting on the first menu screen.  Once I go into watch recordings the
first time, it starts consuming 14% cpu.  But even exiting back out to the
same menu screen as previous continues to consume 14% CPU.

Anyone have any other ideas what this might be or how to track it down?  Is
there a verbose setting for the frontend log I should use?  rRght now, it
doesn't indicate anything out of the ordinary.