[mythtv-users] MySQL server has gone away

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 14:58:04 UTC 2009

On 06/11/2009 14:25, Andy Colson wrote:

> Eww.. bummer.  Not sure, sorry.
>
> I read someplace the EIT stuff works for a while and crashes for a
> while.. seemingly at random.  Do you really need the EIT stuff?  if
> you disable it do the crashes go away?
>
> What QT version are you running?  Not sure if its related, but this:
>
> says:
> "It's actually a bug in Qt 4.5.0. You can either run Qt 4.4.x or apply a
> patch to Qt"

Hi Andy

Unfortunately I do need the EIT, in the UK it is the only available
method of getting listings for DVB-T Radio channels

I'm not 100% sure it is an EIT thing, that always seems to be the first
mysql query that fails though. However, as the EIT crawl happens when
the backend is idle, if the mysql server is somehow timing out, it would
make sense that is the first thing to trip it up.

I'm going to try the timeout setting suggested and see if that fixes it.
If not I'll try disabling EIT

As for Qt I'm running 4.5. Running F11 I font think I have much choice.

cheers

Dunc