[mythtv-users] choppy playback on new danish dvb channels

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 23:33:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:15 PM, belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> What version of myth are you running? There are huge improvements in
>> 0.22 in terms of handling h264.
>>
>> You could also consider getting a vdpau capable video card (unless
>> your only choice is AGP).
>
> If VLC does NOT need this, I think it's circumventing the problem.

Maybe true. I have seen people say before that VLC will play stuff
that myth will not. Often a function of CPU/processing power and/or
the state of the VLC code vs the mythtv code. Often the processing
power is enough to decode via VLC but not enough via myth. myth seems
to come with a penalty in terms of its complexity as compared to
'lighter' software like VLC.

I have also seen vdpau fix such problems.

First step is for the OP to tell us what version of myth he is using
and see if an upgrade fixes the problem.