[mythtv-users] Possible bug in database schema upgrade (0.21 -> 0.22)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 5 23:30:04 UTC 2009

On 11/05/2009 05:27 PM, Lars Michael Jogbäck wrote:
> I've found problem when I was trying to upgrade my database
> When I ran mythtv-setup, it spitted out the infamous "Database
> corruption detected. Unable to proceed with database upgrade. (Table:
> oldrecorded, Warnings: 157)"

> After more carefully examining those it turns out, that when changing
> the datatype of description from TEXT to VARBINARY(255) it got
> truncated just between the two bytes in an existing utf8 character and
> by that causing an false positive.

Thanks.  I'll get this fixed.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list