[mythtv-users] HVR-1600 scanning issue..

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 14:09:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 7:12 AM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I picked up a 1600 and the install went fine and is recognized by Myth but
> when I try to scan Analog it hangs on channel 14 with "no lock" and just
> sits there.
>
> Is there something I missed that I should now about that someone could help
> me with?

If you're using 0.22, last I checked the analog scanning in MythTV was
known to be broken and was completely disabled.  I say "completely",
but I had accidentally found a way to do it even though I wasn't
supposed to be able to (which is probably what happened to you as
well).

In other words, this is a known issue.  You have to use
schedulesdirect to create your channel table, or create it manually.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com