[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 4 19:42:01 UTC 2009

On 11/04/2009 02:13 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Wed Nov 04, 2009 at 02:08:01PM -0500, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
>> Personally, I'd prefer the last watched position autosaved,

Action on playback exit
 - Just exit
 - Save position and exit
 - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
 - Always prompt (including Live TV)
 - Prompt for Live TV only
If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback mode.
The options available will allow you to save your position, delete the
recording, or continue watching.

>>  so that if I
>> leave in the middle, and come back, it resumes from that point,

So you want, "Save position and exit."

>>  or maybe
>> even better, pops up a menu asking if I want to resume from the last

INFO|Play from...

The above is the best proof that we have /way/ too many settings--when a
long-time user of Myth can't figure out the right combination of
settings to do what he wants because the useful settings (and this one
is not one proposed for removal) are buried with a bunch of
usele^H^H^H^H^Hless-useful ones.  :)

> Once we have multiple bookmarks, then a menu option to choose which bookmark
> (possibly even with preview pixmaps from each) would be created to allow
> starting playback at a particular bookmark.

Yeah, my plan includes preview pixmaps--probably something similar to
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6322 (but mythui/fully themable--I'm
not sure if #6322 has been updated with mythui/theming support).

Mike