[mythtv-users] mythbuntu karmic on Zotac ION

Patrick Davila pdavila at thelinuxlink.net
Wed Nov 4 07:39:02 UTC 2009

I did fresh installs of Mythbuntu 9.10 on two systems:
Main box FE/BE: AMD64
Frontend only: Zotac AU Ion

I had a similiar experience as you on both systems. When first booting in
with the install CD I opted to install directly from the menu item
"Install Mythbuntu". The install appeared to go fine till about 98%
completion and then would mysteriously just fall back to the live desktop.
You could easily miss it if you don't closely watch it. After rebooting it
would just hang with a flashing login terminal screen. The second time
around I would opt to go into the "live CD" mode. Then click on the
"install" icon. This time everything worked fine. It sounds like the
install CD has a really nasty bug that should be addressed. Let me go look
in launchpad and open a trouble ticket if it hasn't already been reported.

Pat

--
http://tllts.org/ - The Linux Link Tech Show
http://mythtvcast.com/ - MythTVCast