[mythtv-users] Advice on HD, Digital SD, Analog SD scheduling priorities

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 4 17:44:21 UTC 2009

On 11/04/2009 10:32 AM, James Orr wrote:
> I have the same setup, 1 HDHR plus 2 PVR-250s for analog capture.
>
> What I did was setup the PVR-250s with a higher tuner priority than
> the HDHR.  Then I set it so that any HD programs have a higher
> priority modifier (Setup -> Recording Priorities -> Set Recording
> Priorities). That way, any SD programming is still recorded on the
> PVR-250, but any programs flagged as HD will be recorded on the HDHR.
>
> For example, Family Guy is available on both my HD FOX channel via the
> HDHR and SD via the 250, as it's not flagged as an HD program in the
> schedulesdirect listing it records on the higher priority 250.
>
> Law & Order on the other hand is flagged as HD so it gets recorded on
> the HDHR.

Please make sure you read Section 12.6 (at least--preferrably all of
Section 12) of the HOWTO (
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6 ) before changing
(especially) input priorities.  Note that changing input priorities does
/not/ change "where to record" so much as it changes "how much I want to
record <some program>".  Similarly, setting a "HDTV Recording Priority"
can say that a lower-priority show that's high-def is better than your
favorite show in standard def.

Mike