[mythtv-users] Scan on FireWire STB?

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Wed Nov 4 16:03:38 UTC 2009

Yes, I have SD but it would be nice to be able to scan the complete range of channels to make certain that I'm not missing any.
It does seem that I should be able to get something more that just the four!!! channels that I have now
using a DCH3200 and a DCH3416.

//// Rant warning //////
I am a retired EE/CS and it is extremely frustrating to open up one off these boxes,
gaze upon all of the goodies, and know that most of the functionality is stupidly locked out.
I have attempted to contact the cable company ( Charter ) and of course, it's not possible to
get to anyone who knows anything more than just what they were told in class.
I am not trying to steal anything, I would pay a reasonable amount to have the extra functionality
or just to have the fun of hacking the unit.
I once built a descrambler, used it just enough to see that it worked and then tore it apart..
But it seems impossible to really find out anything about these units past the basic manual.
//// end rant /////
BTW I own one of the boxes and the other is part of the contract.