[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 05:52:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> GENERAL
>
> Delete outright:
>
> Aggressive Sound card Buffering (always false, we will fix any
> playback issues that occur without it)

I recently had to turn this on to not have stuttering with some of my
firewire captured recordings (specifically with ESPN, but not other
channels).  Your comment says that it will fix any playback issues,
but I am just concerned that this will cause stuttering of my audio
again.  I am using an Athlon XP 3100, and admittedly pushing it to its
limits, but don't want to replace the system at this time.

> APPEARANCE
>
> Delete outright:
>
> All GUI offset/width spinboxes (respect screen wizard and -geometry
> command line)

I have never really gotten the screen wizard to work correctly for me,
so I rely on the GUI offset/width spinboxes for proper display,
otherwise, I can't see some of the text on the screen.  Would the
-geometry command line work here?  If so, is it possible to maybe add
a config option to pass certain arguments on the command line when
myth starts-up (similar to the option to pass command line options to
mythfilldatabase)?  I know this seems to go against good UI design and
I could probably just add this command line option in my start-up
scripts, but I start-up myth several different ways and would have to
adjust for each of those.