[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Nov 3 23:02:22 UTC 2009

John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> > Date Formats by Locale?
>
> This would be tricky.  Personally, I use YYYY-MM-DD DoW.  Some people
> like the year to display, some don't.  Some like the Day-of-week to
> show, some don't.

Agreed. If this were Windows or OS X, mythfrontend could depend on the
operating system's defaults, but that won't apply for Unix as not
everyone will be running under KDE or Gnome.

> > Clear bookmark on playback (true) (false once we have multiple
> > bookmark support)
>
> What if I want to start watching a show in the same place every time?

Wouldn't you be better off just manually setting cutmarks?

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array