[mythtv-users] [RFC] Proposed settings rework

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:25:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Start from Watch List view (false)
>  - not sure what the above does!

If the "Watch List" is enabled, then the first group selected in the
Watch Recording screen is that one.  The essence of a fiddly setting.
:)

>> Sticky Keys (if one wants this, just bind the alternate ffwd/rwd keys,
>> which do it by default)
> shouldnt the key mapping be updated to this as default?

Yes, and in fact one of the devs has volunteered to write a DB update
patch that sets the keybindings properly based on the user's current
setup.

>> Maximum commercial skip (3600, the default)
> We tend to have less frequent longer advert breaks so a default of 5
> minutes for max advert skip tends to be too short, however 6 minutes
> is nearly always adequate in my experience.

Yeah, six seems enough, and a couple 30 second skips after that in the
rare instances it would not be.

Robert