[mythtv-users] sql query error affecting autoexpire deleting (0.22-fixes via avenard)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 03:40:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/3 Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>:
>> anyone know whats going wrong?
> <snip>
>> Database error was:
>> Can't find file: './mythconverg/record.frm' (errno: 13)
> Does that file exist?

no, but it never seemed to be there (at least according to my backups

> Does your database have errors? When did you last run optimize_mythdb.pl?

this was just after updating to 0.22, mythbackend stopped deleting
expired recordings. upon your email I ran optimize_mythdb.pl and
mythbackend decided to start expiring. I hope this (whatever it was)
was the problem.

Thanks Nick!

> Do you have a recent DB backup?
> See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance#Optimize_the_Database