[mythtv-users] Small front end???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 2 18:51:26 UTC 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 11:38:45 Richard Morton wrote:
> snapdragon based mobile phones - which are also ARM based can indeed output
> 1080i

Wow, really? Do you have a pointer to some info on that? 1080i more or less
implies both a resolution and a frame rate. I guess you could have "1080i"
that was 15 fps. I doubt a phone of any sort can output 1920x1080 at any
frame rate.

> and this page references an HD capable DSP; they also havent committed to
> 1080P just "proper HD playback".... could that be interpretted as 480?

I certainly wouldn't consider 480 anything to be "HD". I would consider "HD"
to mean at least 720P.

I'm starting to see terms like "ED" ("enhanced definition"), which can mean
anything you want them to mean. I think Netflix "Watch Instantly" is using
that term.

Such terms will almost certainly become marketing terms and not engineering
terms, if they haven't already. More or less like "high speed" when talking
about internet connections.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org