[mythtv-users] VDPAU "feature set C" features within Myth

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 19:12:38 UTC 2009

I was curious if any of the latest VDPAU features in driver >190.32 to
support additional decoding capbilities on "feature set C" capable
hardware are working their way into trunk?  It looks like some of the
newer chipsets will be able to support additional formats like MPEG-4
Part 2, DivX 4, and DivX 5.  Also, something called
"VDP_VIDEO_MIXER_FEATURE_HIGH_QUALITY_SCALING_L1".

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/190.32/README/appendix-h.html
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzUxMQ

I'm shopping to replace my 7xxx series card for a nice semi-future
ready VDPAU capable card.  Just trying to anticipate and get a card
that'll support as much as possible (for the right price point).

Thanks!
Matt