[mythtv-users] DVD skip forward/rewind hangs mythfrontend - Trunk 0.22

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun May 31 04:28:59 UTC 2009

2009/5/28 Rafael Moslin <rafmoslin at gmail.com>:
> I normally manage to debug issues myself but
> this was has me this time. I am using trunk, updated frequently and as
> you say there has been a few issues with navigating menus, and indeed
> I quite often get problems with the background of a setup screen not
> being displayed but the buttons do. I hate to raise tickets unless I
> am sure that it's not me being an idiot or some driver issue but if on
> seeing this you think there is merit in it then I'm happy to do so.

Rafael

I've accepted your ticket on trac.

Firstly, can you confirm that skipping is actually hanging mythtv
rather than skipping/seeking just taking a very long time. I have
video files, for example, that can easily take 5 minutes to skip 60
minutes of video. I'm fairly sure this isn't the issue with dvd
playback though.

Secondly, please bear in mind that there are several different issues
with dvd playback with trunk (that I'm seeing anyway). As you say
there are occasional menu issues plus seeking/skipping problems and
occasional (but reproducable) crashes - and I'm reasonably confident
that they are unrelated. My priority is fixing the crashes, followed
by the skipping. The menu issues may be the trickiest.

regards

Mark