[mythtv-users] Myth/HDHR impressions & issues

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:20:29 UTC 2009

A bit more info from last evening. I cannot stream HD on my wireless
network but my existing remote frontends wireless seems to work fine
with the SD material coming out of the HDHR. What I noticed last night
was using a Linux-based frontend the commercial flagging on the 2 or 3
programs I watched was great and the audio did not seem as far out of
sync. I wouldn't say it was perfectly in sync, but it was better than
I saw on the Windows MythTV Player. My wife says that the HD material
she's watched on her machine has been fine for both audio sync and
commercial flagging.

I suspect that Patrick's reason for the problem I was seeing yesterday
morning with the windows player may be the right answer. too bad no
one is taking care of the windows player anymore. I've made good use
of it for the last couple of years.

Cheers,
Mark