[mythtv-users] How to disable AutoExpire

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri May 29 11:42:54 UTC 2009

* On Thu May 28, 2009 at 06:11:14PM -0700, michael hupp wrote:
> Anyhoo, can anybody out there please tell me how I can disable (or at least
> back off the frequency of) the AutoExpire process?

If you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing, then you can
run mythbackend with the "--noautoexpire" option and the AutoExpire
thread will not be started when mythbackend starts.  I use this option
on my dev machine all the time and haven't seen any adverse affects,
but it has not been tested long-term in a production environment.  Most
places should be checking "if (expirer)" before trying to talk to the
AutoExpirer, but there may be some places that slipped by.

--
Chris