[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 28 21:55:04 UTC 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009 15:47:53 David Brodbeck wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 May 2009 15:29:36 David Brodbeck wrote:
> >> In some states that have a sales tax, you're also supposed to pay "use
> >> tax" on items bought out of state.  This tax is widely evaded and nearly
> >> impossible to enforce, but it's there.
> >
> > Correct, though in some cases enforcement is easy. Ever try to register
> > an automobile purchased out of state?
>
> Yeah, in that case it's simple.  Probably not relevant to this
> discussion until they start registering and licensing computers, though. ;)

That will start next week.

I remember the time the State of New York sent agents to the Ikea store in New
Jersey, and put tax forms on the windshields of all the NY cars in the
parking lot. I believe they collected a total of $14.

For now most of us in the US can beat sales tax by ordering online, but then
we have to pay shipping. It's usually a wash.

--
beww
beww at beww.org