[mythtv-users] silent and low-power: AMD or Intel?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Thu May 28 07:50:20 UTC 2009

Silvestro Roberto wrote:
> Now, the subjective question: do you prefer a 199€/40Watt EeeBox with
> USB Stick or the 700€/400Watt dream machine? It's up to you...

Your dreammachine looks like a souped up version of my VIA Epia EN12000
which just has one fan in the case, MPEG and VGA/TV on the motherboard
and needs just a sick of RAM and a DVB-T card, in addition to the
harddrive of course.
If it does run, this machine, could you please test the one multiplex, 3
channels 24/7 scenario with valgrind?

Kind regards,
Udo