[mythtv-users] VDPAU on CentOS 5 - Anybody?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:49:53 UTC 2009

> Out of interest, does this mean that when 0.22 comes out people who
> are running Centos 5.2 or less are going to have to do an o/s upgrade
> in order to use VDPAU? I'm hoping not because that would be really
> disappointing. I got off the Fedora upgrade merry-go-round because I
> got so fed up of having to upgrade every few months, and chose to go
> Centos as it held the promise of not having to do that. I'm running
> Centos 5.2 and it hasn't been all that plain sailing because of poor
> availability of packages but at least it's working and support for
> Centos 5.2 will be around for a few more years. If we have to do an
> o/s upgrade for MythTV 0.22 all of the compromises would have been for
> nothing.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

no to upgrade to 5.3 all you need to do is issue a yum upgrade.

I have centos 5.3 running VDPAU just fine.  I had no issues.  I am running
the Plus Kernel as well.  One thing you may try is compiling mplayer from
nvnews and testing VDPAU from there.  This will allow you to see if its a
driver issue or a myth issue.

--
Mitchell