[mythtv-users] Multiple lineups with hdhomerun

Fa fayoeu at gmail.com
Wed May 27 03:59:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,  I want to be able to use my hdhomerun to record both digital cable
channels AND HD broadcast.  I am using the comcast cable provider.
Currently I have the tuner associated with the  "HD broadcast (OTA)"
videosource, losing all the non-hd digital cable channels.  I know that in
mythtv-setup I can associate it with a "digital cable" lineup and it will
give me the digital cable lineup, but then I'll lose my HD channels.  How
can I have both lineups associated with the same tuner??  I hope that I am
missing something very obvious and I don't need to manually alter the DB.

I followed the instructions here to setup the hdhomerun inside of myth:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHomeRun

In particular, "Create a channel lineup and enable/disable channels based on
channels listed in the Channel Editor in mythtv-setup. Note that MythTV uses
the ATSC channel numbering as specified in the transport stream, not the
remapped cable channel numbering so you will need to select OTA/Antenna as
the source in Zap2it."