[mythtv-users] OT: Hard disks randomly not found

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Tue May 26 15:39:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 10:53 +0200, Ma Begaj wrote:

> I believe that I *did* something because it is too much coicidence.
> But I just hope that
> I did not destroyed something on the motherboard through statci
> electricity or ... who knows :)

I had a similar problem with my current mb when it was new. The BIOS
defaulted to accessing the sata drives with AHCI and things just worked
poorly, symptoms like yours. I stumbled across it when playing with the
BIOS and disabling it made everything work. Later after a BIOS upgrade I
was able to reenable it.

So maybe look in the BIOS menu related to disk drives. Perhaps you
changed something and forgot about it or reset to the default?

A long shot but I thought I'd mention it