[mythtv-users] mythbackend missing recordings.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 25 18:12:37 UTC 2009

<fixed top posting>

On 05/25/2009 12:17 PM, Glenn Sommer wrote:
> 2009/5/25 Michael T. Dean:
>
>> On 05/25/2009 10:21 AM, Glenn Sommer wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, all permissions are correct.
>>> btw, I was wrong in my statement about 0byte files, actually it
>>> doesn't even create the files at all.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I've tried raising the tuning timeouts for both DVB-C cards...
>>> Maybe that will make a difference...
>>> Though, if the backend timeouts when tuning - doesn't it retry later then?
>>>
>> If you get no file at all (and no reported errors in the backend log file),
>> that generally means that the capture card did not provide /any/ data at all
>> for MythTV to write.  (Note that this is assuming you have permission to
>> write to the recordings directories--if you don't, there should be an error
>> in the logs and it should show that it stopped trying to record early rather
>> than showing a message saying it's stopping the recording at the proper
>> time.)
>>
>> So, sounds like a capture card/driver/configuration issue.
> If MythTV does not get any respond from the card, will it then try
> again a bit later? (If it for example was a CAM error or something)

In 0.21-fixes, no.  In trunk, it might after
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/20617 (which went in 19 hours ago,
so you're almost definitely not using it even if you're using trunk),
though I don't know that for sure--it may just write an error to the log
telling you that the card didn't provide any info (I haven't gotten a
chance to look it over/play with it).

John Poet would know better than me...  (In case he filters on his name.)

Mike