[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Support

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 25 14:23:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM, nik gibson <nik.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently my cable provider applied 5c encryption to over 90% of my channels
> so my mythtv firewire setup is now almost useless.  As a result I ordered a
> hauppauge HD-PVR.  Unfortunately myth 0.21 doesn't support the HD-PVR so I
> compiled and installed the trunk version of 0.22 which I got running but was
> basically unusuble.  I had crashes, loading bars that never went away,
> extremely slow performance among other issues.
> Given the anticipation around 0.22 I was dissapointed and I hope it was
> issues with my setup as opposed to the quality of the trunk build.
>
> I'm wondering:
>
> Is there anyone who has a working config with the HD-PVR, either with trunk
> or patched 0.21?
> Is my experience with trunk typical?  Is it too buggy to be used or could
> there have been issues with my setup?
>
> Any feedback would be much appreciated.  If I can't get the HD-PVR to work
> with myth I don't really have any choice but to switch to SageTV or
> something else that supports the latest hardware.   I've been a loyal Myth
> user for over 4 years so I would hate to have to have to switch but I need
> to be able to record.
>
> Thanks

Search the archives for Jean-Yves Avenard

Also if you use gentoo my overlay has the patches. However since I do
not have an HD-PVR I have not tested this functionality only the VDAPU
patch.

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay/tree/e967b0572e5b01243bb1ac24a3ae3e23b3e6953a/media-tv/mythtv

John