[mythtv-users] 0.21 and no lock ...

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sun May 24 19:38:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm using MythTV 0.21 on openSuse 11.0 since last year with 2 DVB-S cards, which
work fine (I'm located in Austria; I have 1 dish with a quad-LNB, Astra 19.2E)

Now I want to add a third DVB-S card into the same computer.
I set up everything the same as the other cards, but with this new card
I just get no lock. The signal shows e.g. 75%, S/N 4.6dB, Biterrors 13000-14000 (don't know
what to do with that quick changing figures). The lock area just shows (l__) No Lock

However, the same card works well with kaffeine and I can watch TV without
problems.

What is the difference between these two programs in terms of locking a channel ?

I tried tuning with szap which also very quickly tells me FE_HAS_LOCK.
I'm running all tests as root so I should not have any permission problems.

All 3 cards are a different brand. The one which makes troubles with MythTV
is a KNC1 TV-Station which also has a CI/CAM addon installed (I tried with and
without a cryptocard inserted, and I'm first trying the FTA channels).

Thanks for help.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail