[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat May 23 02:49:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/09, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  I don't remember anyone reporting that message during our initial
>>  testing. Sounds like an 'I'm busy' sort of message.
>>
>>  I would suggest pulling the power on the HDHR sometime this weekend
>>  and starting from scratch with a cold boot of the thing.
>>
>>  Also, I'll be asking this of people as they report problems, is your
>>  HDHR updated to the most recent firmware? If not, please report back
>>  what happens after you update.
>
> Good call.  I had firmware 20070914.  After upgrade to 20090415 I am
> definitely getting better results:
>
> tuning 465000000hz.locked...PID 0x1ffc found
> Collecting data (may take up to 2 minutes)
> System Time Table thinks it is Fri May 22 19:05:00 2009
> System Time Table thinks it is Fri May 22 19:06:00 2009
> VCT_ID 3015 (0x0bc7) at 465000000hz, version 16
>  VC CD.PROG M# NAME
> ====================
>   2   73.1   4 KATU   (abc)
>   3   73.3   4 KRCW   (wb)
>   4   19.1051  4 TVGUIDE west
>   5   73.4   4 KPXG   (pax)

Great news! I hope you make progress getting the data into Myth itself.

Remember to enable the channels at SD first and do a mythfilldatabase
AFTER enabling the channels. We hypothesize that the Myth code will
like that better and hopefully when the mysql file is run to add the
channels everything will 'just work'.

Good luck,
Mark