[mythtv-users] Cannot get the backend to run

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri May 22 19:49:26 UTC 2009

> To me, the message seem to indicate that mythbackend tryies to start
> and then dies because it cannot access the mythconverg database at
> mythtv at macmini, which is what I see from the command line also.

I usually refer to this section from the mythtv documentation when I
have had database access issues:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html

As for mysql.txt, I think the pertinent places are ~/.mythtv/ and
/etc/mythtv/, however I that that mysql.txt is being depricated and
now and they are using an xml file called config.xml.