[mythtv-users] Stability of atrpms/mythtv-0.22

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Fri May 22 16:28:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 09:54 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> All this said, I don't think it's good strategy to run trunk from RPMs.
> Because it *is* unstable, you need to be able to apply bug fixes
> quickly. If you are running trunk, you should be running from source
> compile, so that you can "svn up" as needed.

Works well for me. I don't know how Axel picks his SVN snapshots for
atrpms but if it's random then he and I are very very lucky. Never had a
showstopping bug in about a year.

It's true that if I hit a bug I have to work around it until the next
snapshot whereas you only have to work around it until the bug is fixed.

Both of us have to be willing to backrev if necessary and sometimes
might have to restore a database from backup.