[mythtv-users] xbmc mythbox thoughts

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Fri May 22 02:33:02 UTC 2009

Hi people,

I have not seen this discussed and was wondering what the general consensus is.

The googlecode mythbox adds the mythtv PVR type frontend features to
XBMC. I have only played with XBMC a little bit (read once for 20
minutes), but from what I saw, the media library capabilities of xbmc
look pretty flash. The interface also seems quite slick.

I don't have trunk installed to play with but mythbox is supposed to
work with this as well.

So I pose the question, what if mythtv development concentrate on the
core PVR functionality and divert effort on the frontend to mythbox?
Would this be a good or bad thing?

Phil