[mythtv-users] OT: Hardware purchase question for eventual HD Mythtv system

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Thu May 21 22:31:30 UTC 2009

Our Myth system died a sudden death earlier this week.  Yet another
motherboard died with bad caps.

As it turns out I'm getting rather skilled at moving all my HDs and
capture cards from one computer to the next and it only took me 2
hours to replace it with my desktop computer.  We are now happily
enjoying MythTV again but I no longer have a computer.

So I am looking at
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.194454
to purchase as a low end desktop for now.  Eventually it will likely
become a MythTV frontend.  It has been 12 or so years since I last
built a PC.  Is there anything else that would need to be purchased in
addition to that combo deal?  Specifically, does the AMD retail CPU
box include a cooler?  I'm thinking not but can't find conclusive
evidence.

Sorry for causing noise with what is likely a silly question,
-Mark