[mythtv-users] Stability of atrpms/mythtv-0.22

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Thu May 21 15:05:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 10:29 -0400, Jacob Steenhagen wrote:
>  would like to know if the
> packages built/hosted by atrpms for the trunk are semi-stable

I've been happy with them for close to a year now. vdpau was dicey at
first - useable but sometimes requiring 4 or 5 trys to watch a movie and
sometimes locking up the display requiring a reset. But lately it's
stable enough for me. For my hardware, vdpau is the only way to watch
1080p so it's either svn, atrpms or Jean-Yves patched 0.21 (or mplayer
but I just love the myth controls too much). I've compiled myth in the
past but I'm always happier when I can switch back to a packaged
distribution. And I imagine the patched 0.21 has less bugs but I don't
mind bleeding edge bugs when I also get to play with bleeding edge
features.

Currently (mythtv-0.22-207_trunk_r20441.fc10.x86_64), the backend hogs
the cpu every day or so requiring a BE restart, I've seen the related
messages described on this list so it's being worked on and will
probably disappear in the next snapshot or so.

So it needs watching (no pun intended). Also, I'm the only person using
it here. Less geeky family members might find it too annoying.

HTH