[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 and seca3 encryption on DVB-S

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:18:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Exactly... Reading a DVD in the provided mythvideo plugin is breaching
> laws in some countries already...
>
> Talk about double standard.
>
> It seems that lately some only like to post to remind others of the
> "rules" and where people should stand in the mythtv food chain.

What did this add the the conversation, Jean-Yves?  The rules are
there because they have to generally apply to and protect the lion's
share of the devs, who mostly reside in the USA.  Myth has, in the
past, been rolled up with pirates and thieves in the *New York Times*.
 In an effort to distance themselves from this connotation, they've
done what they can to avoid this association, including prohibiting
certain topics.

You seem to constantly strain against the bit when it comes to what
the MythTV project "can" do.  If you are *so* frustrated with how
matters are handled, and as you clearly believe you are a valid
authority when it comes to what code can and should go into MythTV,
given the hodge-podge of tickets, backports, and hacks you've decided
to commit to your own branch, would you PLEASE save me and the Myth
devs a fortune on blood pressure medication and just fork the project
already?  You can call it Jean-Yves TV and sop up all the praise you
like.

Robert