[mythtv-users] Fedora 10 and and SMB mounts. What am I doing wrong?

William william_munson at comcast.net
Wed May 20 10:07:13 UTC 2009

Hey Listland,

I recently upgraded my OS to F10 and have run into a perplexing problem.
I am trying to mount my myth system's storage directory locally on my
new F10 system. Previously all I had to do was insert a line in my fstab
along the lines of:

//server/dir/  /local/mnt smb (options)

Now I get a message that smb is a unknown file system. If I use the
connect to server option in the file browser I have no problems
connecting so I know its all working. I have tried several different
file system options like: smbfs and smb4k all with the same results.
Lots of googling has only led to more confusion.

What do I have to do to mount the dir via fstab?

TIA,
Bill