[mythtv-users] Can tune but cannot view OTA channels

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:41:33 UTC 2009


When I do an OTA channel scan in the backend setup, it detects all the
channels I'd expect to see.  I close the backend setup and run
mythfilldatabase and startup the front-end.  I see the channels listed in
the program guide.  When I try to tune one of the OTA channels, the system
freezes.  I have to do a ctrl+alt+delete and restart to get my system back.

I had the MythBuntu/Hauppauge 1600/OTA working about six months ago.  Since
then I tried using the digital inputs on the card to pick up clear QAM
programming Comcast.  Now I'm trying to get back to get back to OTA signal
on the digital portion of the card (unsuccessfully).  Since it worked at one
time, I assume there is a config setting I'm not setting correctly.

The signal strength from the antenna is fine.  I attached a digital
converter box and the channels came in very clear.  The converter box showed
the signal strength between 84% - 94%.

Kernel: Linux 2.6.24-21-generic (i686)
Distribution: Ubuntu 8.04.2
Myth Version #:  0.21.20080304-1  20300
Tuner Cards:  (2x)  Hauppauge 1600
Video:  NVidia 5200, 128 MB RAM
CPU:  AMD 2600 XP+
RAM:  1.5 GB
Hard Drive:  640 MB SATA II

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20090519/e6deed72/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list