[mythtv-users] oversized screen resolution after upgrade from f8 to f10

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Tue May 19 15:07:28 UTC 2009

zablal baz wrote:

> mythtv.  I tried manually forcing 1024x768 by making it the only mode in
> xorg.conf, but the nvidia driver just ignores that and brings the
> display up in the higher resolution anyway.  And xrandr does not even
> show 1024x768 as an option anymore.  I get 1280x720, followed by 800x600
> and down.

I had this problem, though with an ATI integrated graphic card and a
"normal" LCD monitor: the resolution I wanted was not available in the list.

I had to specify an according modeline in my xorg.conf file, and afterwards,
it worked.

There are plenty of examples on the web, and even sites that "compute" them
for you, here

http://bohne-lang.de/spec/linux/modeline/

and

http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl